Monday, June 23, 2008

Too Tired Top Ten (alotta alitteration)

Ten Ways you know you are Too Tired:

10.You can't even sleep, no matter how hard you try
9. You can't remember why you started this list
8. You start 15 projects and finish none of them
7. You're not sure you can make it back to the house after walking to the curbside mailbox
6. You have the balance of a toddler on a sailboat on rough sea
5. Sunshine makes you irritable
4. Moonlight makes you irritable
3. Phone solicitations don't make you irritable
2. You have 10 items in your car to return, mail, or upgrade, but you can't remember where, why, or when.
1. You try to slice your apricot and rinse your bread. (How I wish I had made this up!)

I never went to sleep last night. Just stayed up all night, writing notes, listening to sermons on podcasts, drinking tea, reading emails about meetings I missed and planning on which I am terribly behind as program chair (Does that place me behind a chair? Am I not with the program?). Then I packaged items for mailing. After that I organized some clutter. Before I knew it, the clock read 6:40 a.m.

It seems that those 2 weeks of sleeping 20 minutes here and there, or none at all at night and then 4 hours from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., or perhaps none for a day and a half, then 6 hours in the middle of the day, has my body discombobulated. Any suggestions for a remedy?

No comments: