Friday, December 11, 2009

Focus

He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to my God! He is the Rose of Sharon.
(Yes, those are tuning pegs, painted silver.)

On the mantle--the focus of the season, Jesus, the Word made flesh, who lived with us. This set was handmade by my Sister in Love, Tracie.

Away in a manger no crib for bed the little Lord Jesus lay down His sweet head.
( Also known as the song about "cattle alarms".)

A newer gift--music box plays O Holy Night, or Cantique de Noel if your prefer French.

Olive wood carving of the Holy family.

The little quilt hanging on the fireplace wall is one I made many years ago in a class project when some of my girls were in school and at least one of them was still in Mother's Day Out.
O come little children o come one and all
O come to the manger in Bethlehem's stall.

Music is not only part of the house, it's also part of the music shop in the little village.
Sing we all of Christmas, sing we all Noel!

Angel on the right--a gift. Angel on the left--also handmade in a class long ago. I made each of the girls a little angel similar to this one, but with scraps from their dress fabrics.

A small fiddler on the Norfolk pine tree. God Rest ye Merry, Gentlemen!

My rosemary plant has gold painted salvaged pegs and a bridge, all tied up with a red velvet bow that also has music notes printed on the velvet. The rosemary is delicious in omelets and soups. The violin parts remind me of many events--performing, teaching, but especially playing with my daughters as a family when they were living at home. Becky painted these salvaged parts silver and gold when she was working in a violin shop during her college years.

Angels we have heard on high sweetly singing o'er the plains.

And the mountains in reply echo back their joyous strains.

Gloria, Gloria, Gloria in excelsis deo!
(Little fiddles courtesy of one of my student families)

No comments: