Monday, September 29, 2008

Must be Autumn


Top 10 reasons I know it is Autumn:
10. Apples are getting cheaper at the market
9. Roses and other flowers are blooming again in Texas
8. Butterflies are growing more numerous as they migrate through Texas on their way to Mexico
7. Early mornings are cooler
6. I got my flu shot last Saturday
5. Ragweed is blooming and making everyone sneeze and sniffle
4. Football--on TV, radio, intramural fields--is all around me
3. My favorite fruits--blueberries, apricots, and nectarines--are no longer available or not as sweet as they were in spring and summer
2. Musically, all organizations are preparing for Christmas. We rehearse through the Fall so the sounds of Christmas will be sweeter.
1. It's that week again! Five concerts and six rehearsals for student concerts and classical performance on Saturday night.

No comments: