Sunday, July 11, 2010

I want 38 more!

This cute fellow walked down the aisle and waited for me to walk to him and say "I will" and "I do" thirty eight years ago on July 8.  I tried to post that day, but we were in a hotel and the connection would not cooperate fully so I waited to do this at home.  


Muffin needed to work in San Antonio for a couple of days when we returned from Washington, DC and I was very happy to tag along. At noon on July 8 we stumbled onto a little German style bakery, Nadler's, where the sandwiches are toasted and made with freshly baked bread and there are more than one hundred kinds of cookies, cakes and pastries.  



That rainy afternoon as I was playing with my Mac and reading a little I had a brilliant idea: email Big Mama and ask for recommendations for great restaurants we probably hadn't tried in San Antonio.  She returned my email and made four or five great suggestions. We ruled out Mi Tierra, just because we had been there. I went online and checked menus and directions and we had a winner--Paloma Blanca



As we waited to be seated it was raining a little and we were seated inside with salsa and the most amazing tortillas chips to munch.  The art, wall hangings, paintings, mosaics, pottery, and jewelry was quite pleasant to look at too. 


We were promptly seated on the patio near the fountain and penta plantings. Muffin ate chile rellenos stuffed with shrimp. I had tilapia with cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado slices on delicious lightly crisped flour tortillas. The guacamole was outstanding and the ambience was perfect. 
After dinner we shopped and browsed at Central Market which was nearby. 
 I want thirty eight more years with this man!

No comments: