Sunday, October 4, 2009

What I learned Today


1. Insecurity and inferiority are the two tentacles to which all other demons attach themselves in our lives. Eve was first made to feel insecure by the serpent in the garden, then inferior. Then she ate the wrong fruit and changed everything. I learned this here.

2. Agave nectar is for sale on a shelf in HEB with other sweeteners. A product of Mexico.

3. The boxes of smocked clothing, packed away for several years (about 15 or more) "for my grandchildren", were finally rediscovered , along with childhood cassette tapes, photos from my college years, very fashionable hats from the 1940's and 1950's, and Boo's baby book.

4. Chris Raschka's book Mysterious Thelonius is illustrated with twelve colors, based on the twelve tone scale used by Thelonius Monk. I heard with my own ears and saw with my own eyes Mr. Raschka explain it at the NCCIL tonight.

5. The United States Secret Service refers to duty at the White House as "the big show" and to duty at the Vice President's residence as "the little show with free parking". You can read this fact and many others that are more interesting in In the President's Secret Service by Ronald Kessler.

No comments: