Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Breaking

I've been having fun. Not blogging. Not that blogging isn't fun, but it was time for me to play away from the computer. I played one week by traveling to the nearest Apple store and buying a Macbook.  And I'm still playing with it. Been playing games on it, too. Mostly Facebook word games, which, after a while, make me crazy with all those three letter words that are never used in a conversation.  

After playing and watching Muffin transfer all my "stuff" from the old computer to the Granny Smith, I was on Spring Break. Yay! For the first two days the weather was fabulous and I shopped, cut out three Easter dresses for my Grand Babies who are girls, and pleated them for smocking.  Then I spent several hours at the gym, because it was what I wanted to do. Seriously. I save all my podcasts for the gym or road trips, so both are more fun. I list to NPR programs, sermons, Celtic music, and Grammar Girl. Yes, I know it's weird. 

Then I spent an afternoon baking Morning Glory Muffin bread, which Em pronounced to be yummy in her tummy. And it's very good for her, also.  And, I like to bake. 

After that Muffin and I drove south to the Hill country and spent five fabulous days with CB and girls, then, as they trickled in, JB, Joy and Mike, and fabulous Aunt Kaki. During those five fab days I went to a workshop at the  Granny Smith store, played babies and memory cards and sang songs and read books. Muffin, CB, Em, Roo and I went for pie at Happy Hour. Yes, the local restaurant has pie and a non-alcoholic drink every afternoon at an unbelievable price. We had Key lime, Apple, and Peanut Butter slices with coffee and hot chocolate. 

When the twins were asleep we took naps or I smocked dresses. I finished a book and learned lots about speaking in Apple/Mac.  It was so much fun!

Then I came home and reality met me at the garage door. Sigh.

No comments: