Friday, January 30, 2009

Cushy Job


These people post their hours as M-F, 8-5. Twice in the past week we have gone to the IRS office to fetch forms that are not available in the hall on the form rack. The first time it was 4:30 p.m. Office closed. Second time it was 1:02 p.m.. Office closed. I barged my way into the office next door just as an IRS employee was leaving. She actually blocked my path from entering and asked if she could help me. Yes, I said. I need forms and the office next door is rarely open. Well, she said, they take 30 minutes in the morning to open the office before opening to the public. Then they go to lunch from 1-2 p.m. and take 30 minutes before closing to close their office without the public. Is this information posted nearby, I asked? No. That's the only answer I received. Someone has a cushy job, methinks.

No comments: