Friday, January 8, 2010

Avatar!





Muffin and I went to a late matinee of Avatar. Wow! It's a sensual, visual feast of movement, color, details, effects, and sounds. Story reminded us of an old movie we have watched maybe five times, The Emerald Forest, which is based on a true story of a tribe of natives kidnapping an American child in a South American rain forest. However, Avatar is just a story, and not even a new story, actually. It's tempting to read all kinds of literary and spiritual connotations into the plot, but all in all, I think it is meant to be entertainment. I was entertained. Not bored for one minute. Couldn't look away from the screen in my big ole black 3D glasses. It was cold in the theater and somewhere between 17-24 degrees outside, but I was layered and covered with my big bear winter coat, my eyes riveted to the screen as I sat drinking in the beauty of this imaginative two plus hours of cinematic juicy juice.

Slurp!

No comments: