Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Life last Week

Four times in two days I did this.

Drove by this just in time to experience a musket blast, which made me think I had run over something really big while driving the car. It produced quite a cloud of powder over the intersection too!

Stayed awake until after 4 a.m. after performing this. We had some wonderful moments and some scary things happened with the ensemble, too. I had dreams that I was trying to pick up broken beads--tiny ones that had rolled all over my tile floor and were sticking to the grout grooves. Then I woke up and dreamed I had to retrieve cereal that had spilled all over the same floor. Then I went back to sleep and dreamed that the Rowdy Girls were in our care and were climbing the kitchen sink and coming over the cabinet and counter top head first and I was trying in vain to stop them. And they were giggling.

On Wednesday I took Nannie for this and she can see! After she was settled at home I went to Bible study, where we are studying this


which can be purchased here. It's an awesome study--really meddles with your attitudes.

After the concert we went here with friends and I had the raspberry soda--delicious! The conversation was also fabulous, except I talked too much, which is what I do after the adrenaline rush of concerts.

And, tonight I made this. Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite cooking blogs. And this coffee cake is absolutely a delicious memory of the years when Muffin and I lived in CA and went to Apple Hill every October, driving the loop and sampling the products, then returning to our home in the valley with fresh cider and dumplings.

Now, to the piled up laundry.

No comments: