Thursday, February 25, 2010

What I love about Thursday, and confess about Monday



MUFFIN COMES HOME FROM WORKING IN THE BIG CITY!


More time to do needlework than when I'm teaching all afternoon.

More time for the second cup of coffee, perhaps with a homemade biscotti too.

More time to watch Scooter take a nap. Perhaps I will indulge myself in a nap too. Although, I will not, ever again, as long as I live, mistakenly swallow his liver medicine again, as I did on Monday. Yes, I confess that I laid all my vitamins and allergy meds out on the cabinet, along with Scooter's pain and liver meds. I gave him the pain med, reached back to take my pills and immediately realized that I just swallowed something too big. It was his Denosyl! I immediately felt like I wanted to scratch behind my ears and roll over, then run through the doggy door. Wait, I already tried that! That's how I bruised my arm when locked myself out of the house and tried to reach through the doggy door to unlock the door knob. No, I read the web site and found no warnings at all for Denosyl, but Muffin, who was home with upper respiratory infection, called poison control and learned that not only was I in no danger at all, but that some humans actually take Denosyl. Go figure. Scooter just seemed upset that he didn't get his second "treat" for the day. I fed him some itty bitty dog biscuits, and NO, I did not feel the urge to taste them. Nor did I chase the mail carrier or wear a flea collar as some of my Facebook "friends" suggested I might. And that's all I have to say about that. Woof!

No comments: