Monday, December 8, 2008

Tis the Season

The McFamily had a wonderful, blessed, loud Thanksgiving. We were Rowdy and Cheesy, and puzzling, and musical, and just plain hilarious. Then we got sick. This is a total bummer. I'm not sure which of us started the scratchy throat business first, but it is still making its way through the family as sinus infections, eye infection, ear infections, and pneumonia. So, while it is not true that the McFamily makes each other sick, speaking of personalities and character, since we basically all get along nicely and love one another. It is, however, true that we made one another sick, speaking of germs.

I, as the Matriarch of said McFamily, (McMatriarch?), did not see a doctor. Instead, I coughed all night three nights in a row while wearing half a jar of Vicks on the soles of my feet, covered by white socks. And took Mucinex. Just the name of that stuff makes me cough. And used a humidifier, which decided to clog its own filter. (I know how it feels. I've been pretty clogged.) And drank lots of water and warm tea with honey and juice and took vitamins and worked out at the gym to release toxins and played rehearsals with the help of Hall's cough drops and finally resorted to the last few ounces of presciption cough medicine with codeine. It works! Now I can truly say "Glory to God in the Highest, and peace on earth" as the music I'm playing is titled.

No comments: